Erg Chebbi Morocco desert
Erg Chebbi Morocco desert is the gaint Sahara dunes in all Morocco, the fisrt top destintions in Africa desert.
Morocco Stars Travel offer many Erg Chebbi Morocco Desert Tours Packages From Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca, Agadir and Ouarzazte. Also we organise Sahara Morocco Camel trekking expiernces.
Erg Chebbi (Arabic: عرق الشبي) is one of Morocco‘s several ergs – large seas of dunes formed by wind-blown sand. There are several other ergs such as Erg Chigaga near M’hamid. Technically all these ergs are within an area of semi-arid Pre-Saharan Steppes and not part of the Sahara desert which lies some distance to the south.
In places, the dunes of Erg Chebbi rise up to 150 meters from the surrounding hamada (rocky desert) and altogether it spans an area of 28 kilometers from north to south and up to 5–7 kilometers from east to west lining the Algerian border.
The nearest sizable town is Erfoud, about 60 kilometers further north. One other city is Rissani, around 40 kilometers from Merzouga. Rissani was the site of a kingdom known as Sijilmassa, which became prosperous from the 8th to the 14th century due to its control of the caravan routes.
There are a tone of activites which you can enjoy around Erg Chebbi desert:
Our professional team offer many services to do in the desert
– Enjoying camel trek our team has 18 years experience to the camel trek excursions around the Merzouga dunes ( since 1 to 10 days camel trekking)
– Locally made dishes
– Enjoying a magical sunrise and sunsat views
– Riding sand boarding ( our camp surrounded by the highest dunes in Morocco around 300 m )
– Guided walks to visiting the Oasis
– Discover nomadic lifestyle
– Music, drumming around camp fire
– Enjoying a romantic moments under the starry sky
– A day excursion by 4Wd around the desert dunes
– A day trip to explore the old Ksour ( authentic small village in the oasis )
– Sleeping under the stars on open air
_ Nomad carftsman association.